Best Western Fun on the Road is a national contest for participating Minor Hockey Associations across Canada.
Share your fun experiences on the road this hockey season for the chance to become Team of the Month and win $1,000 in Best Western Travel Cards for your team.
Use your Best Western Travel Cards at Best Western hotels across Canada — for team travel, fundraising, or for hotel stays for team families.
It's simple! From October 2016 to December 2016, participating minor hockey association's coaches or managers can submit one story per month per team to enter the Best Western Fun On The Road Contest. Attach a photo to enhance your entry!
Parents & Players: Tell your coaches or managers to enter your team's information for a chance to win.
Your Story: Tell us the story of how your team is having fun this hockey season, and submit it below for a chance to win. Best Western Hotels will draw a monthly Team of the Month once each month, from each participating hockey association or region. Winners receive $1,000 in Best Western Travel Cards for their hockey team!
Send a Photo: Got a great image to go with your story? Enter below and attach a photo of your team having fun on the road. Winners will be announced and published here throughout the season.
Prince Rupert, BC
The Prince Rupert Seawolves Peewee Rep Hockey team is a strong, dedicated team with aspirations of making the provincials this season. This team has been on the road many times this year, as Prince Rupert only has only enough players for two Peewee teams. Due to our location on the remote northern coast, our team has traveled many kilometers this winter and has an upcoming tournament in Williams Lake which is almost 1000km away. If the team makes the provincials, they will be travelling over 1600km! The team enjoys their time on the road together, forming solid friendships and creating lifetime memories. Winning the Best Western "Fun on the Road" contest would be help relieve some financial burden for this team and the players would be thrilled to enjoy time together in a Best Western Hotel!
Our small be mighty team of only 12 players started off with a all of work sweat and grit and now we are seeing the results of hard work and dedication. Our coaches have devoted themselves to make this teams play as one playing to everyone's strengths. These group of young guys have fun both off and on the ice. It is wonderful to see small town hockey bring people together!
Playing hockey in our location of Alberta means travel!! Some games we drive over 2 hours one way to play. Our players have fun staying over at hotels!! It gives the whole team a chance to bond and to spend some quality time together off the ice. This is a picture of some of our players having fun at one of the fine hotels we got to stay at during one of our hockey weekends. Thanks BW for this opportunity for a chance to win!!
Lord Selkirk, MB
We are proud to say we went to our first away tournament this year to Altona Manitoba and we were undefeated and took home the gold. These boys and girls struggled as a team last year without even 1 win during there entire regular season. They have all come together as such a great team this year, they play hard and have so much fun doing it. The team and parents are a great hockey family and they look forward to our next away tournament.
The team has not had the most successful season, winning their first and only game Dec 2nd! The team has such a great group of boys that they don't let their record slow them down. The team traveled to Guelph recently for a tournament and although there were no games won, had a very successful tournament! They continue to work hard and keep their heads held high. What else could we ask for?! Go Flyers Go!
Hi Best Western! I couldn't be more proud of these kiddies! We have 15 players to which 3 are girls. We are a Novice B team with a mix of 7 and 8 year old kids. They have blended together as if they knew each other since birth! Their determination and will to play and win is like no other! We always tell them no matter what go out there and have fun. Yet they never give up! We just won a tournament with a 4 game winning streak! We plan to go out of town for a couple of exhibition games as a SURPRISE to the team and would love to use Best Western as our choice of hotel! What better way than to spend a great out of town weekend together bonding! Even the parents are getting along as if we've put this team together. Who knew we could make such lasting friendships over a hockey team! Going out of town will allow us to also hopefully book a conference room and use it to do Team Building. We intend to teach the kids all about team spirit, confidence, respect, motivation and help mold them to become great role models and respectful young individuals for the future! After all its the FUTURE FOR OUR CHILDREN that matters! Hoping you'll take our Novice B Centennials team into consideration!!! Sharon Manager of the team!
Our team is pumped to get on the road. We booked our first tournament away and are ready to have fun. Can't wait to stay in a best western and enjoy all the great things about the hotel!! Go Sharks!!
We are a small team from a small community and would love to win so we could make some new memories with best western. We only have 11 players and a lot of heart heading into this season and to win could give us a little boost.
Our team has been together for 3 years now, and we have a really great group. As coaches, we try as much to help our kids develop good character as we do to develop their hockey skills. What we have really noticed as they have grown older is how they have come to care about and be proud of one another. They all know when one of their teammates gets their first goal - whether its first of the season, first in a long time, or first one ever. Seeing them come together on the ice to congratulate each other, without any direction from us as coaches, is a truly gratifying moment EVERY TIME! Recently, one of our players, who loves to play goalie, was extremely ill and hospitalized for several weeks. When he made his return at practice last night, we made him do a rookie lap of the rink before everybody else went on the ice. Hearing all of his teammates bang their sticks on the boards so loudly brought tears to my eyes. We have gone to more and farther away tournaments every season, and have noticed our group getting really close as a result. This season, we will be spending a few nights in Chilliwack, BC for a tournament in February. Hopefully we can get some money to help offset the travel costs and fund some fun team activities!
The Blackburn Stingers Atom B team has an exceptional group of parents who proudly take a role in helping the team. Coaches, manager, fundraisers and timekeepers all share the experience with their child and make it rewarding. Although these kids love competing, they play for fun. This team loves to venture out. When we can escape the confines of our small community, the kids and parents always have a blast. They love coming up with new cheers, like: We're red, we're white, we are dynamite. We got the power and the speed of the number 1 team. Goooooo Stingers!
Un de nos joueurs a dû changer de chandail en début de saison, car il était trop grand pour lui. Lors de l'échange, nous n'avons pas remarqué que le nouveau chandail avait un "A" d'assistant déjà cousu dessus. Le joueur en question était dans la liste des jeunes qui faisait partie des joueurs potentiels pour ce rôle, mais n'avait pas été retenu au final. Ne voulant pas lui faire de la peine, nous avons pris la décision de lui laisser...Mais en regardant les règlements de plus près, nous nous sommes aperçu que nous étions en faute et devions lui enlever. Devant cette situation délicate, nous avons pris le temps de parler avec ses parents pour leur expliquer et nous avons attribué un rôle spécial au jeune dans la chambre. Il est notre digne responsable de l'ambiance (musique, cri de ralliement ect.). Afin de rendre le tout officiel, nous lui avons acheté une casquette aux couleurs de l'équipe pour mettre son rôle en évidence. Le jeune a été emballé par l'idée, et prend son rôle très au sérieux... Jamais il n'oublie jamais sa casquette et nous avons probablement la chambre avec le plus ambiance de notre association ! p.s. Nous avons aussi permis au jeune de garder son "A" pour la photo d'équipe!
The novice colts are hoping to hit the road at the end of the year to enjoy some fun on the road. We just finished our first tournament and the kids are loving the hockey life...more so loving playing mini sticks with the team. With the cost of hockey growing it's getting harder to enjoy the life outside hockey and hitting the road with other parents and family. We want to bring this back to our team. We have one boy whose sponsored by outside organizations to play but those added costs make it tough. This would help tremendously so their family could join us. The colts motto for the year is have fun, play hard, no quit and we'd love to hear or kids belt that loud and proud on the road.
Hey BW!! The kids nicknamed our team - "Team Awesome!" lol We have a tournament coming up November 10-12 2016 in Edmonton Alberta. I chose that the team stay at the Best Western Sunrise Inn and Suites in Stony Plain. I am a diamond member and this is my choice of hotel every time I'm in the area on business....I spoke with the GM and he accommodated us! Kids love the waterslide at hotels; they are 9-10 so need to get the crazy out! Lol! we plan on the West Ed mall and team building exercises at the hotel breakfast room!! I coach the player and not the game, I am truly passionate in my quest to create respectful determined little people first and then hockey skills....I have challenged each one of our parents and players to reach 3 predetermined goals this year, most chose a goal that included team work and becoming better leaders. If you are gracious enough to choose "Team Awesome!" I would like to use the money we save to book in and plan some local events/challenges that would help us in the teams goals of become better leaders and team mates, ultimately leading to confident, determined respectful adults that give back to society and the community! Thank you for your consideration.
The first rule on our team is to have fun and boy do these kids know how to have fun! Win or lose these kids always have a smile on their face and always find ways to remind us coaches why we volunteer....for the love of the game.
For us every away game is a trip. Where we are located you have to take a ferry to get any where. So a one hour 15 min game is an all day trip for us. The kids have fun playing road hockey at the terminal, flipping the bottle or even just talking about the game. Just last week the team took part in a team building exercise on the ferry. Each teammate received a card with another teammates name on it and had to write two things they liked about that person. After they were done the manager read them out to everyone. The smiles on those kids faces after hearing what their teammates had written was priceless. Here is a photo of the team with their first place trophies from a recent tournament. They won in a shoot out.
Elm Creek, MB
"Fun on the Road" has a little different meaning in October for the Elm Creek Lighting Atom 1 team than for most teams. We play out of an arena that boasts natural ice, so until the mercury drops, we remain iceless. So as our kids wait patiently (or not so patiently) for the weather to turn cold, we grab our sticks and take our fun out onto the road for some good old road hockey. We work on our shooting, our zigging and our zagging, all the while enjoying a little fun on the road and dreaming of the day that water will turn to ice.
This group of young girls most of them have played together since first year novice. They have fun every game win or loose, they have built lasting friendships and have fun just being together. They are always building each other up and every game any one of them could be the player of the game. Coaches and bench staff are fantastic , it's another family for all of us. The girls travel to tournaments and their time in the hotels can be seen doing a game of mini sticks , painting nails. Having a swim as team or eating dinner together building lifelong memories. These girls deserve the very best.
Our first game of the season happened to fall on the day before the head coach's birthday. So, right before his big motivational pre-game speech, the kids in the locker room naturally broke out into a chorus of "Bonne Fete" ("Happy birthday"), thoroughly surprising the coach and leaving a rather priceless look on his face.
At the end of the game, it was the parent's turn. As players and coaches filed onto the ice for the post-game handshake after a hard-fought game, the parents in the stands broke out into song as well, serenading the coach with the same classic birthday song.
Finally, our opponent got into the act, wishing us happy birthday during the handshakes, even though they didn't know whose birthday it actually was!
We have had a very trying season we have lost all of our games except two, but our team still always has a great big smile on there faces when they come off of the ice. We were just in Kamloops for a tournament this past weekend most of the players had never stayed in a hotel, (they had so much fun) yet again we lost all four games, the goalie saw 239 shots that weekend and only let in 29 goals. The players still came off of the ice with the biggest smiles on there little faces. We are so proud of our team for never giving up even when we loose.
Drayton Valley, AB
Our mites team is having fun this season! Playing as a team, scoring lots of goals, and having fun is our game. With great coaches these boys and girls are striving for success, and enjoying every moment.
Our minor hockey Atom team Dehi Rockets LL3 are an amazing bunch of kids. We have players of all levels and skills from all different backgrounds. Many have already faced adversity and struggle in their personal lives but regardless they all show up to PLAY the game. We have entered 3 tournaments this season and have played hard, persevered and won gold in 2 so far. Our third tournament is a little farther (Niagara Falls) and a little longer (3 days) than the previous two. This may be difficult financially for many of our families that do not have any extra disposable income. Even though it may not make financial sense, these parents & kids will show up, play their hearts out and win or lose they will leave it all on the ice.
This is our 3rd year as a team started in minor novice. Now, the kids are in atoms. We go to our annual tournament to Thompson, Manitoba (Munn Cup 'A' Divison). Living in Nunavut is very costly. We can only travel by plane to go to tournaments. But the bottom line is kids always have a blast when we go to Thompson!
Notre équipe est formée de jeunes qui ont le goût de semer de belles valeurs partout où nous irons. Malgré que la fiche soit nettement déficitaire au niveau des victoires, les jeunes se démarquent par leur esprit sportif, leur esprit d'équipe et leur grand respect des autres, des choses. Nous sommes ouverts au monde et, lors de la tuerie de Paris, nous avons décidé de mettre du ruban gommé sur nos bâtons au couleurs de la France et avons rallié l'équipe adverse à tenir une minute de silence et donner la poignée de main avant la partie en signe de solidarité et de positivisme. Je suis fier de la gang que je coach, ils sont de supers personnes et avoir des sous de votre part permettrait de reconnaître leurs actions dans une activité surprise. Un gros merci à vous!
Our kids love to dance in the dressing room before, during and after each game...win or loose they have fun.
Our boys are super excited for their January Tournament in Chilliwack BC, we are staying at the Rainbow Country Inn, a Best Western! Our boys are doing a lot of fundraising to make the trip possible. They are all working as a team to Raise funds and developing teamwork skills as they raise money. This weekend they are taking a break from fundraising to help less fortunate in our community, with a teddy bear and sock toss at their game and volunteering as bell ringers for the Salvation Army raising money for those in need. It is so amazing to see these 9 and 10 year old boys, so excited to give back! That is the true spirit of sports!
We are running a little short on ice in coaldale so as one of our practices was canceled we decided to take advantage of some nice weather and play a outdoor hockey game in the local outdoor arena at one of our schools. The kids had a blast and so did the coach. Great times had by all.
Indian Head, SK
We have a diverse group of players. Everything from 1st year hockey players to 7th year players. These players live for the game of hockey! They love to be at the rink. If they are not on the ice or cheering on others (even their rival hometown team) they can be found around the rink with stick in hand and smile on their face playing with a puck! They had a blast when the parents pulled off a pasta party prior to a Thursday game; at the rink of course! This year is off to a great start.
This is the first year our age group players were offered the AA division. Needless to say, we have been up against teams that have been together for years. The bonding development is just as important as the hockey development for our team. Therefore we rented a coach bus to take us to our 2.5 hr travel to our next game. This was the first "team" coach bus ride for these 10 year old boys. Fun was had by all! We believe the bonding on the bus ride brought Huskies the winning game! Just in time for Christmas celebrations.
This is the first time most of us play double letters and the nerves are high, especially at our first tournament game. Even though most of us have never played together before, we love hanging out together and our locker room is always fun!
The girls love playing together but I think they get the most enjoyment off the ice travelling to games, hanging out in the dressing room and making friendships that last a lifetime!
We have entered into a hockey Challenge in Hinton, winning this would be great for our team which aren't having much luck in the winning department. They give their little hearts out but just can't catch a break. We have been traveling every weekend 2-3 hours away for our games. This would defiently be a little boost so we can get away and have some hotel memories :)
Lake Manitoba, MB
One game we were travelling to an away game last season and when we got to the town we were playing in one of the goalie's pads was flopping in the wind at the rear tailgate of the truck. Oh boy did these young gentleman have a good laugh in the dressing room.
This is what road trips are all about, teams developing on and off the ice. Photo taken at the Best Western Belleville, October 24th, 2015.
Our team goes on many away games and we decided that we will bring our own mascot to our games to bring a little piece of Montreal with us. With many little brothers and sisters on the team, we always have a willing volunteer!
Cole Harbour, NS
Nothing brings a team together like a road tournament. The kids come together and become better friends and better teammates all while having fun and staying up late. our boys love to go on the road so they can make memories from swimming pools to movie nights. This would mean the world to our team as some of our parents are single income families who otherwise wouldn't be able to go on the road. Cheers!
Our Team is made up of both new to hockey and 2nd year players. They are having a blast learning the ins and outs of Novice Hockey, this picture was at their first league game. Having Fun in the Dressing room, and on the Road.
West Vancouver, BC
We had snacks and drinks in between two games. Very rushed but lots of fun was had by all.
We were playing a tournament in Peterborough this September and the boys were so excited to have the opportunity to go fishing of the docks next to our hotel. Once the boys got wind of the 17 pound fish one of children on the Hamilton Team reeled in on Saturday night, the weekend became all about the finishing and not the tournament. Carlo, one of the grandparents, took 10 kids out to the docks on Saturday night to see if they could catch the big one. Moments to remember. It was wonderful to see how the boys continued to bond over fishing and not just hockey. Christine Sultana
We are looking forward to going to Moose Jaw SK, and Regina and having lots of fun. We look forward to making new friends and playing in new rinks. We are excited for this great time of year. The best place to be with friends and family on the road and playing the game we love - HOCKEY!
Today we distributed the team jerseys to the players for our first game, two for each player, one in each color . When all the players left the room a parent came to see me asking me why his kid only received one shirt. We looked everywhere in the locker room to make sure it was not hanging somewhere else, or under the other players clothes. We then mentioned to the parent that the jerseys were hung one on top of the other on the hangers and we had double checked everything before all the players arrived. It is at that moment that he realized that he had put both jerseys on his kid to wear for the game. He looked at us with a funny smirk and that is when he told us that when he was dressing his kid, he noticed that the material was very thick, and he was thinking to himself of how lucky the team was for these great jerseys and very impressed of how high quality they were. When he told us this, we couldn't help it, and we all started laughing and couldn't stop we also told the parent not to worry we won't tell anyone about his little incident. Little does he know... Don't worry, we told the parent we were entering the story in a contest.
1) Contest highlights: Youth minor league hockey teams can enter this contest to win Best Western® Travel Cards in the amount of CAD $1,000 for youth minor league hockey team travel. There will be three (3) drawings according to the monthly drawing schedule set out below. There will be six (6) winners per drawing, one from each of the following regions:
(each hereinafter defined as a "Region" or collectively the "Regions")
2) Contest Timing: The Best Western "Fun on the Road" Sweepstakes (the "Contest") begins at 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on October 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on December 31, 2016 (the "Contest Period").
3) Eligibility: The Contest is open only to residents of Canada, who are coaches or managers of a registered youth minor league hockey team, and 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Employees of Best Western International, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), Thom Partners, CF&R Services Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
4) How to Enter the Contest: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Contest. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. During the Contest Period, Eligible Participants may enter the Contest by visiting the Contest website at www.bwfunontheroad.com and following the instructions to complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form. This will include completing one (1) of the following to complete your entry: 1. uploading one (1) photo of your youth minor league hockey team ("Photo") and a caption, in 100 words or less, explaining how you and your team have "fun on the road" OR 2. writing an essay of 500 words or less explaining how you and your youth minor league hockey team have "fun on the road." Entrants will be given an "opt in" option to receive contest specific material from the contest sponsor. Opting in does not increase your chances of winning. Each such submission during the applicable Monthly Periods (described in the chart below) shall qualify as one (1) entry into each respective participating Regions' monthly drawing for prizes ("Entry"). Entries will not be judged; all winners will be chosen at random. If you choose to submit a Photo to enter, the photo must be a team photo and should include at least three (3) members of the team (but need not be the complete team), in order to be eligible. Photos of individuals will not be accepted and are not eligible to be entered in the Contest. Limit of one (1) Entry per eligible Participant/ youth minor league hockey team, per Monthly Entry Period. All Entries must be received according to the Monthly Entry Period dates in the Entry Chart below to be eligible for each monthly random drawing.Keep Reading
|Monthly Period||Start Date||End Date||Drawing Date on or about|
|1||October 1, 2016||October 31, 2016||November 2, 2016|
|2||November 1, 2016||November 30, 2016||December 7, 2016|
|3||December 1, 2016||December 31, 2016||January 4, 2017|
For purposes of this Contest, the applicable Monthly Entry Periods begin at 12:00 am EST and end at 11:59 pm EST. Entries will not carry forward for subsequent Monthly Entry Period Drawings, if any. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark or logo or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entrant. Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
Use of unauthorized computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply and are the entrant's sole responsibility.
By entering, each entrant understands that his/her Entry, in its entirety or any portion thereof, may, in the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, be posted on the Sponsor's website or used in any other Sponsor-selected media without notification or compensation, if the entrant is chosen as a Winner. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by the Sponsor. Automated, script, macro or robotic, programmed, or any other automated means will disqualify any Entry.
5) Prizes: Each month there will be a drawing (discussed in the next paragraph) and a winner will be selected in each region. As noted above, there are six regions.
As also noted above, there will be three Monthly Entry Periods. There will, therefore, be a total of eighteen (18) prize winners (six (6) winners [one from each region] per month and three (3) drawings [based on the Monthly Entry Periods]). Winners will receive will receive CAD $1,000 in Best Western Promotional Travel Cards, awarded in the form of 20 CAD $50 Gift Cards, to be used for youth minor league hockey team travel.
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by a winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Gift Cards must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions governing them. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Gift Card restrictions apply. Gift Cards must be used within twelve (12) months from the date of issue and will be awarded electronically via email. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove any guest from its hotel if the guest(s) is/are being disruptive or inappropriate, in the Sponsor's sole discretion.
6) Draws: There will be draws following each of the three (3) Monthly Periods from among all the Entries received in each Region during the applicable Monthly Period, with one (1) winner randomly selected from each Region. Draws will be made by an independent judging organization in Pickering, Ontario on the applicable draw date at 10:00 a.m. EST, from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received for each Region by the end of each Monthly Period referenced in paragraph 3during the Contest Period. Prizes will be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per youth minor league hockey team.
7) General Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be required to complete and return a Declaration of Compliance and answer unaided, a time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition of receiving a Prize, within five (5) days of notification attempt or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Return of Prize or Prize notification will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the Contest Rules, these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its designees shall have the unrestricted and non-exclusive right to edit, adapt, publish, copy, display, perform, broadcast, modify, and otherwise use any or all Entry materials, alone or in combination with other material including but not limited to essays and/or photos in any and all media, whether now known or later discovered, in perpetuity, without restriction of any kind whatsoever, without further compensation to the entrant or anyone else. Entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner's name, winner's team name, biographical information, Entry, Photo and/or likeness in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, for internal, advertising, Contest and other purposes without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Potential winners may be required to assign all rights in entry to Sponsor without additional compensation. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized e-mail account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the Entry. Proof of entering information does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the Internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Contest Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contests is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and select the winners in random drawings per Region from among all eligible Entries received by the end of each month prior to cancellation. By participating in the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, retailers, and advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively "Contest Entities") will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or in any related activity. Winner assumes all liability for any guests during hotel stay when using Prize. By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Contest Rules and are fully familiar with the contents.
8) Quebec Residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9) Winners List: For the names of the Winners, send a 3 x 5 paper with your complete name and address, by December 31, 2016, to: Best Western Fun on the Road Winners, 6557 Mississauga Road, Unit D, Mississauga, ON L5N 1A6
10) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Best Western International, Inc., 6201 N. 24th Parkway, Pheonix, AZ 85016 USA.
Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated.Copyright © 2002-2016 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.